Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sometimes I aspirate without realizing that I'm breathing

According to an article in The Chicago Tribune, Senator Phil Boots, in response to the controversial Indiana Law 1042 regarding sexually explicit materials, said that "some of us vote without realizing what we're voting for...I think there might have been more opposition if people had actually considered [the proposition] more."

Democratic Representative Matthew Pierce elaborated upon his colleagues' propensity to vote by closing their eyes, holding their arm out with their pointer finger extended, and spinning in a circle, saying "I think a lot of people figured, 'I'm not going to put myself in the position of having to explain why I voted against protecting kids from sexually explicit material. If it's unconstitutional, the courts will take care of it.' "

In other news, Ken Blackwell pokes an innocent bystander's eye out while playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

No comments: